Friday 2 April 2010

Terrible Weather

Looked out the window this morning and the sky was dark, the wind was howling and the rain was pelting down – perfect me thinks for a test of my wet weather gear.  So after a lunch of Steak Frites and a glass (or two) or red wine, it was off to cycling.  By now the sun had come out and the wind had dropped and it was quite a nice day.  Even so,  Lorraine (a friend) and I set off for a short cycle run with a planned stop at a local bar.  Well the bar was closed and on the way back, dark clouds appeared,  hail stones followed by heavy rain started to fall and the wind got up.  Lorraine got soaked but my wet weather gear seemed to work and I got back reasonably dry.  So a tick in the box for the wet weather kit.

Short run, so vital statistics : Distance 12.8km, average speed 8.1km/h and max speed of 32.1km/h.  (Google Earth) kml file below.

http://sites.google.com/site/joewillisinfo/JW2Apr2010.kml?attredirects=0&d=1

No comments:

Post a Comment