Well I’ve been taking advantage of the January sales and getting myself various bits of equipment. The camping equipment that I’ve got so far, has come from Millets, Field and Trek and The North Face. See below.
From left to right – top to bottom
- Terra Nova Tent – Field and Trek
- Down “Kilo” Sleeping Bag – The North Face
- Self Inflating sleeping mat - Field and Trek
- X Large Microfibre Towel – The North Face
- Medium Microfibre Towel – Millets
- LED Weatherproof Torch – Millets
- Camping Pillow – Millets
- Groundsheet Protector – Field and Trek
- Silk Sleeping Bag Liner – The North Face
- Compass (top right) – Millets
Together all this lot weighs in at exactly 5.00 kg
In particular, I’d like to compliment Field and Trek (42 Maiden Lane, London WC2) – the service and advice provided there was really first class. The Girl advising me even put up a tent in the middle of a busy store so I could try it out for size.
I’ve ordered a Bike plus Panniers and gear from Bromley Bike – delivery expected end January 2010. More information when it arrives.